Suffice to say I am enjoying Summer!😊
I took a few Sundays off church due to some ongoing stressful and overwhelming situation but did manage to make some chutney to help empty my freezer.
The lovely weather has been great for my garden. You could be fooled for thinking we are in some kind of national gardens but I am lucky enough to have all this right in my own patch!
Our barometer was working great and is predicting the weather fabulously each day
Of course we couldnt go into the later part of summer without more expense. This time electrical. First a new washing machine. It managed only 16 months this time. We bought a cheap one this time - if we only get 16mth we are not spending a lot any more. Secondly, new dishwasher. Im not a fan to be honest and it definitely holds less than our old one did despite being two plate settings more. Still it's a dishwasher
From January to now we have celebrated three birthdays at home: a 21st, 26th and 15th, as well as numerous family birthdays too.
The kids have been spending a lovely time with youth friends at the beach at Lyme Regis- even if they were jumping off peirs and picking up seagulls - eeek!!!!
DD26 and I got to hang out together at the Steam and County fair mid july and we thoroughly enjoyed seeing it all even if we were melting by the end of it.
And in between some difficult times dd12 put her culinary skills to work making some delicious treats for us.
And DD26 and I snuck of for a rather successful sunrise trip to Lyme Regis
That brings us up to date mostly. DS15 passed Level 1 and Level 2 Math this year, took Level 1 English which we are waiting on for results. He is doing well with his photography and was given the option to take photographs of some foxes at the house of someone his tutor knows. He has a girlfriend, has joined a youth group, is still running for skittles and helps DH.
Early May DS21 ended up in the hospital with a mystery bug and both his girlfriend and I came down with a similar thing which involved horrendous temperatures, shivers, and toilet issues. I was properly ill for about three days then took a full week to recover. DS21 and his girlfriend experienced the same.
I took a few Sundays off church due to some ongoing stressful and overwhelming situation but did manage to make some chutney to help empty my freezer.
The lovely weather has been great for my garden. You could be fooled for thinking we are in some kind of national gardens but I am lucky enough to have all this right in my own patch!
Of course, I couldn't embark on Summer without ensuring we have a change of deocr to lighten things up. I know decor is meaningless as it is but celebrating the signs and seasons of the year is part of how I mark God's great creation.
I spent some early mornings baking before the weather turned warm. Since all the stupid additives hve been put in bread we have taken to making our own everything where possible. This year I bought a new gadget to hull our haul of cherries. It was amazing. Where has this gadget been all my life.
Of course we couldnt go into the later part of summer without more expense. This time electrical. First a new washing machine. It managed only 16 months this time. We bought a cheap one this time - if we only get 16mth we are not spending a lot any more. Secondly, new dishwasher. Im not a fan to be honest and it definitely holds less than our old one did despite being two plate settings more. Still it's a dishwasher
From January to now we have celebrated three birthdays at home: a 21st, 26th and 15th, as well as numerous family birthdays too.
The kids have been spending a lovely time with youth friends at the beach at Lyme Regis- even if they were jumping off peirs and picking up seagulls - eeek!!!!
DD26 and I got to hang out together at the Steam and County fair mid july and we thoroughly enjoyed seeing it all even if we were melting by the end of it.
And in between some difficult times dd12 put her culinary skills to work making some delicious treats for us.
The end of July we celebrated finishing exams, performances and dance shows as well as all the clubs and we booked out a week for a staycation of sorts and took some lovely trips. This was a delightful one through cheddar gorge.
We had an early sunrise trip to Exmouth Beach
Later in the evening I took this moon picture - looking very orange
That brings us up to date mostly. DS15 passed Level 1 and Level 2 Math this year, took Level 1 English which we are waiting on for results. He is doing well with his photography and was given the option to take photographs of some foxes at the house of someone his tutor knows. He has a girlfriend, has joined a youth group, is still running for skittles and helps DH.
DD12 is going through some things right now which are a prayer point to all. Along with this she has completeed 6 singing performances on stage, performed for three dance shows, volunteered to help littles dance, and sung at a dementia choir group. She has completed two scout competitions and done well there.
Both have just volunteered at our local church holiday club scheme and we have a holiday lined up soon.
God IS Good.

No comments:
Post a Comment
Thank you for stopping by and leaving a comment, I try to reply to every one I receive. Please come back soon. 🙂