Monday, April 01, 2024

Stepping Into Spring

"The reappearance of the light is the same as the survival of the soul." Victor Hugo

And so the clock 'sprang forward' here and British Summer Time begins. It has been periodically dry lately with some small signals that Spring is emerging in the garden. In between the wet weather the flowers are looking happy both inside and outside my house.





My Easter decor is away and I switched over to spring flowers. It makes me so happy. Abi was so sweet and crocheted a beautiful spring garland for me. She is SO talented. I hung it today and it made me so happy. 

  

Surrounded by all my Spring 'things', I'm ready to plan our upcoming term. As I began planning I was all too aware we are on a final countdown towards the end of our school year. Our year ends June 7th this year. The next day we are off on holiday for two weeks whilst the kitchen is renovated and chaos reigns. 

Our plans are relatively simple (ish) for the next term. Other than a few bits to finish off for Hannah, She and Lucas will work together on subjects because as Id expected, doing all those workbooks on her own, and her horse curriculum on her own, were NOT as fun as she imagined, lol. 

So this term (April 2nd-June 7) we will be working on :

Read-Aloud Revival Family Bookclubs: 

The Chanticleer and the Fox (once a week in April)

The Secret Garden (most days through April and May)

Room For Everyone (once a week in May)

Twinkl:

Vikings and Anglo-Saxons (Tuesdays)

Rocks and Fossils (Wednesdays)

Other Literature:

Wind in the Willows (most days through April and May)

The Owl and The Pussycat (memory poem)

Shakespeare (exposure not mastery)

whatever we fancy from our Spring themed picture books

13 Art Mysteries Every Child Should know (once a week)

Other Work

Morning Time

All About Spelling/All About Reading (daily)

Little Robin Science/Nature books (1-2 times a week)

ACE Math (4x a week)

ACE English (4x a week)

Workbook Set (once a week)

Bible (alternating between P.B.S. Bibletime, Cold Case Christianity, Word Wise, Bible Explorer, and Case for Christ for kids, each day)

___________________________________

It looks a lot of work, but it's really not that much at all. I was going to begin Apologia Botany, but we don't want a lot of heavy work this last term. I want us to work hard on what we ARE doing, but not to be working all day slogging on lots of heavy things. After all, we have a garden to plant!! 😊😊


 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by and leaving a comment, I try to reply to every one I receive. Please come back soon. 🙂