Sunday, March 31, 2024

Easter Celebrations.

“Easter is the soul’s first taste of spring.” Richelle E Goodrich



It was so good to move the winter decor and bring out the spring colours. Sadly our weather didn't quite get the memo, and it has poured and poured. But all these bright colours really cheer me up. up until now there have been egg, and Easter, themed decor added but that will be shifting soon and we will move towards spring flowers. 





Our home ed plan this march has been Expectant Easter and we have really loved this curriculum. Although it is designed for 4-12 yr olds, I really do think that this is suitable for older kids - maybe because mine are working to their own levels rather than 'grade levels' so it isnt so much a matter of level, as interest. Anyway. They love it and it has all I want: Bible rooted, narration, writing skills, hands on, and liberal arts.... sounds like a win win to me! We made their cookie-dough pizza, but altered some bits, swapping some of their cookies and cakes for traditional Easter Biscuits and Simnel cake




We did make our resurrection gardens though - and they turned out great!

March was a busy time for us as expected but we had a blessed Easter, I observed lent in a way that felt meaningful to me. I found Bitter and Sweet by Tsh Oxenrider to be a wonderful companion to my Lent season, and it spoke to me in surprising ways. Or, rather, God did through it. It has been a great challenge but also a great book to read. Now to plan for our spring term....

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by and leaving a comment, I try to reply to every one I receive. Please come back soon. 🙂